Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life goes on ...

It took 9 days to hear from Chad. I was NOT worried -- but I am just so used to atleast getting a text from him. It's funny how weird I've been. Chad has been so independent (from a very young age), and it's strange now for me to be so worried about the "little" things again. Is he making friends??? Is he lonely??? Is he sleeping at night??? Is he being a good boy??? HAH! I just really needed to hear from him and hear the "phrase" that I have wanted to hear. "The Spirit is so strong here." And, that's what he said. WHEW! He is working on his Spanish. It's coming. He says that his companion is really good at it -- so he gets to feel "like crap" every day. (In good Chad terms....)

Life is going on. I got a terrible Strep Infection a couple days after Chad left that really "took me down". And then I gave it to Kenna. She was SO sick (104 degree temp - ugh), but she recovered so much quicker than I. Could it be age??? I am still struggling. I think the stress of the last few months has caught up to me. And, teaching a bunch of 9 year olds every day, all day, doesn't help. I'm constantly surrounded by germs.

We are trying to get into a routine. The house is empty and quiet. But - I'm really enjoing McKenna and her crazy "social" life. (15 and 1/2 year old girl ya know????) Thursdays are my new favorite day. Chad days. FUN !!!

1 comment:

  1. I sure LOVE this picture. And I sure love you guys. You are such a wonderful friend besides already being such a wonderful sister. I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete