Saturday, July 31, 2010

Carlsbad 2010

We enjoyed our trip to California. It was a well deserved rest. The first 2 days we had my sister, Diana, and her kids Adam & Bryce, along with Bryce's family. That was wonderful!! We always love to have the little ones on the beach once again. Byrce & Laura had never come with us - so it was truly a treat to have them there. But when they left on Sunday - they took the sun with them. Chad's friend, Brian, came on Sunday -- and he brought clouds and cool weather. He stayed until Wednesday, but there was very little sun. We kept telling ourselves -- "Just enjoy the cool .... pretty soon you will be wining about the 110 degree weather." But - we really did miss the warm beach. It's so much harder to get into the cold water when it's also cool when you get out. We took a couple days off of the beach this year, but decided on Thursday that we were going to go out, clouds or not. We had a great day. Then Friday, our last day, the sun tried to come out a bit and it was a bit warmer.

There was some excitement on the beach this year -- for the first time in all these years of going. I was boarding in the ocean with the kids & Diana, and got caught in a huge wave that literally took my swimsuit bottoms right off. WOW! Thank goodness I was holding a boogie board. I held on to that thing as if my life depended on it. I kept thinking, "Please, don't let there be another wave come and crash me now." .... yuck! Ken saw me and brought me a towel and then a wave brought my suit back. Chad, Adam, and Kenna thought it was a horribly embarassing thing for them .... what ???? what about me???? What can I say??

I'm grateful that we have had the chance to go for the last 16 years. Our kids think of it as "home away from home" and it's all they want to do each summer. We are really fortunate and I am thankful ...


Here is McKenna & Kenneth. What a beautiful picture !!

Enjoy this slideshow of some other pictures.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free slideshow design

No comments:

Post a Comment