Sunday, July 5, 2009

Carlsbad California

We just got back yesterday from our 8 day trip to Carlsbad California. This is the 15th year in a row that we have gone. Unbelievable!!! This year some of my family was able to come for a few days. My sisters Diana, Sherle, and Robin as well as my Mom came. (That was so fun !!) We were there for 2 and 1/2 days by ourselves before the chaos arrived. Diana had 4 of her kids, Sherle had her daughter and 2 of her grandkids, and Robin had her son. That made for a HUGE bunch. That's truly the way to do it. And -- it was so much fun to have babies on the beach again. (Wasn't it really just yesterday ?!!!) They were there for another 2 and 1/2 days. Then we had 2 more days alone to unwind before we came home. It's funny - yesterday morning (the 4th of July) we were outside eating breakfast and I was "chilly". I almost moved into the sun. Then I thought, "Are you crazy??? In a few hours it will be 40 degrees warmer." And it was -- we got to Blythe, got out of the truck, and was hit by a brick wall --- HEAT!!! Are we nuts to live here or what??? But - we got home to our beautiful, air conditioned house and we are truly grateful to be home. This will probably be our last year all together. (Chad will be on a mission next summer.) I know our lives will be heading into a new era so - I am relishing every memory and moment that I can.

Enjoy these pictures!! There's a bunch of them,
but it's so hard to choose.


Our beautiful sunset.

Grandma and the kids.

Girl cousins: Cori (holding Peanut), McKenna, Autumn, and 'Lena.

Boy Cousins: Jaron, Adam, Chad, and Michael

(friend Sam on far left).


The big HOLE the boys spent the whole day digging.
Sisters: Pam, Diana, Mom, Sherle, and Robin.
Uncle Ken & Ian 'Lena on her 22nd birthday!!
SURF'S UP !!!
Here are the rest of the pictures in a video. Just press the arrow. Turn up your volume for sound.

2 comments:

  1. Pam... THANK YOU so much for letting us all come. It was so great to be there together. I had such a good time. Thanks for sharing the pictures they are great.
    I love you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete